*Applications for this position are no longer being accepted
The Irish Post is looking for a commercially-minded marketing and events intern to join our busy team for 3 days a week and work across a range of marketing and events projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and innovative person with a passion for marketing, events and digital media.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to use their own initiative and recognise potential commercial opportunities in the marketplace.
You should be organised and have excellent planning and communication skills.
Good IT skills are essential and you should be familiar with social networking. Being able to work in a small and driven team is also a must.
You will report to the Commercial Manager and gain broad experience across various aspects of marketing, advertising and events for a national newspaper.
The successful candidate will be offered a four-month placement and will be based in our London offices.
An Irish background or strong knowledge of the Irish community will be beneficial but is not essential.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting the commercial manager and supporting the commercial and editorial teams with marketing activities
- Assisting with the production of marketing collateral and materials
- Coordinating the production of a wide range of marketing communications
- Providing support for events as required
- Assist with the collation of information for marketing campaigns and events
- Promoting online material through social media channels
- Updating and maintaining the marketing department’s documentation and databases
- Managing event information, booking venues and ordering marketing materials
You will have:
- An Irish background or strong knowledge of the Irish community is beneficial but not essential
- Effective communication skills
- A creative flair
- A sound understanding of marketing principles and commercial opportunities
- Excellent IT, digital and social media skills
- Strong administration, planning and organisational skills
The successful candidate will be paid a rate of £150 per week for the 3 days worked.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th July.
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put ‘Marketing Intern opportunity’ in the subject line.