Full time & part time positions available
The Irish Post is looking for a digital journalist to join our team on www.irishpost.co.uk
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and creative person with a proven track record in digital news and features. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, be full of ideas on how to drive traffic and able to work in a fast paced newsroom.
The ability to create and produce compelling original content, find the best angles and be creative when it comes to news and features is essential. We are looking for someone who can innovate and come up with new ideas to grow The Irish Post’s readership online.
You should be a natural with social media and understand how to share stories across all social media platforms.
An Irish background or strong knowledge of the Irish community will be beneficial but is not essential. You should have excellent knowledge of CMS, WordPress is preferable but not essential and social networking.
Being able to work in a small and driven team is a must, as is knowledge of media law and journalism ethics. The successful candidate will be based in our London offices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proof-reading and editing online stories before publication. This will include imagery selection, fact, spelling and grammar checking, as well as tone and headline writing for maximum web impact.
- As a senior member of the digital team you will support the Digital Editor. You will be responsible for feedback/liaising with our reporters, helping to implement best SEO practice online.
- Social media: You will be writing and editing social posts, scheduling social media to cover out-of-office hours including evening and weekends. You will also be responsible for social media administration, monitoring our Facebook and Twitter accounts, replying to messages online, following up news leads and passing to relevant team members, updating cover pics and twitter wallpaper etc.
- Deputising for the Digital Editor in their absence.
- Assisting in monitoring web traffic and ensure daily targets are met.
- Developing existing and expand into new social media accounts including Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and live blogs.
- Producing original and engaging content – collate, write and edit web-focused content to include lists and viral videos.
Please email email@example.com with a CV and short cover letter.
Please put ‘Senior Digital Journalist’ in the subject line and include links to your published work online and two story ideas that you would write and produce for irishpost.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday, May 6.